Sprinkles the Kitty Portrait

Sprinkles the Kitty Portrait
I live in bed when I'm not traveling. And I blog. Blogging is cool.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Fur Trade?! Oh, thank goodness I have no fur!

Hello everyone! Meow!
Today was the first day of the Nebraska Passport program. I celebrated by going to see the Museum of the Fur Trade in Chadron, Nebraska. It's this really cute museum in a white old Spanish-like building just east of Chadron. My owner went with her good friend, Julya. Today was their first day opening for the Summer, and the museum had some new exhibits up. So of course, we had to stop and look around.

There were so many wonderful things! An entire room filled with old firearms, some stuffed wild game, really cool beaver hats, and lots of items traded between the fur trappers and the Native Americans in different areas of the United States. It was so interesting! The gift shop was full of fun, unique trinkets too! I recommend going and seeing it. :)

Afterwards, I went back to the Chadron State College Campus to go see the Mari Sandoz High Plains Heritage Center. It is a museum about the life and works of Mari Sandoz, a famous Nebraska author. She lived in Western Nebraska and wrote many novels about the stories of the prairie. There is also an area where the museum serves the diverse interests of the college students. On the basement level, there is the C.F.Coffee Gallery which has lots of information about the cowboys of Nebraska, including Mr. Coffee. :) It's really a great place to go.... and it got me my second Nebraska Passport stamp! =^.^= Day one... two stamps. Only until September 30th to get the other 78.


No comments:

Post a Comment